The Hersham Youth Trust is an established local volunteer youth led community registered charity and social enterprise. Since 2002 it has enabled a successful and vital accessible community purpose built centre for open access youth work in Arch Road, Hersham attracting over 10,000 of our communities young people annually each and every year in a safe warm, friendly youth led environment embracing all different, all equal, all welcome.
To actively assist, promote, support, empower and engage all our local communities young people with the capacity to:
• Better achieve and realise their full potential.
• Equipping their skills and confidence to succeed.
• Stay safe.
• Raise awareness and celebrate their achievements.
• Improve their own health and well-being and associated life opportunities.
• Social and cultural inclusion in their community.
• Positively influence their position in their community and in wider society.
• Improve their social interaction and to overcome any barriers.
• Advance their education and relieving unemployment.
• Aspiring to improve their life.
• To provide meaningful, positive opportunities and experiences individually tailored to young people’s needs.
• To empower and support young people to make informed choices.
• All different, all equal, all welcome.
As well as an affordable coffee bar that is run by friendly volunteers in partnership with the community action group Help Hersham Youth and St. Peters Church Hersham at each and every session. We offer a great selection of hot and cold drinks, crisps, snacks, chocolate bars, sweets and ice creams. For those who do not have access to money we always offer free squash, biscuits and snacks as well as a successful partnership with the Hersham and Walton Food Bank offer young people a free healthy hot meal at least two sessions a week.
Currently we offer all our communities young people six open access youth work sessions each and every week including every school holiday and half terms.
On Tuesday and Wednesday evenings we aim to target young people from the ages of fourteen and open from 7:30pm until 10.00pm.
On Monday and Thursday evenings we aim to target young people from the ages of eleven to fourteen and open from 7:00pm until 9.00pm.
On Friday evenings we aim to target young people from the ages of thirteen and open from 7:30pm until 10.00pm.
On Saturday afternoons we aim to target young people from the ages of thirteen and open from 1.00pm until 5.00pm.
On Sundays we aim to offer all young people various special activities, experiences, projects, and opportunities throughout the year including day trips to Brighton and Portsmouth, meaningful work experience opportunities in construction and other activities, targeted peer training opportunities on issues that are locally important to our young people.