Innovation Team Administrator
Eikon is a Surrey based charity that has been working in the local community for almost two decades, providing long-term support to some of the county’s most vulnerable young people and their families.
Our vision is to develop happy, thriving and resilient young adults who can contribute positively to society.
We are currently seeking a full time Senior Administrator to join our growing team.
Job Title: Innovations Team Administrator
Location: Offices New Haw, Surrey
Hours: 16 per week, over 4 days
Length of Contract: Permanent
Rate of pay: £7,436.66 pro-rated (£19,860 FTE)
Responsible to: Innovations Project Lead
Holiday Entitlement: 25 days plus Bank Holidays pro-rated
Pension: Workplace Pension Plan
We are looking to appoint a new member of the team to provide administrative support to the Innovation team. The successful candidate will work in the Eikon office on the Fullbrook School site along with the rest of the staff and volunteers and must be able to work well within a team, providing comprehensive administrative support using office technology and systems.
• Using a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, etc. to produce correspondence and documents
• Maintaining databases accurately and data entry
• Create and process invoices
• Answering telephone and email queries
• Producing and sending letters, correspondence and newsletters
• General administration work including filing, archiving, retrieving information and documents
• Arranging meetings and producing agendas
• Competently use a range of software such as mail chimp, poll daddy and Survey Monkey
• Excellent interpersonal skills; the ability to deal in a helpful, friendly, discreet and professional manner with people from a range of different backgrounds – face-to-face and on the telephone
• Excellent written communication skills in particular evidence of ability to write
letters and reports clearly and accurately
• Proven experience with Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
• Ability to handle general administrative duties including answering phones, filing and data entry
• A structured, but flexible approach to working
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, with confidence in managing data and keeping accurate records
• Self-starter with experience in problem solving and streamlining systems. Proactive and able to work unsupervised to plan, organize and manage own workload but with judgement to establish and monitor priorities and seek guidance where required
• An interest in supporting young people
• Use of systems e.g. databases, IT based Programmes
• Proactive approach with strong planning, implementation and multi-tasking skills, ability to work to deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
• Comfortable reacting to urgent and unexpected demands and juggling priorities accordingly
• Willingness to learn new skills such as new software
• High levels of integrity, confidentiality and good judgement
An offer of employment will be subject to an approved Enhanced DBS and Barring Disclosure.
Eikon is committed to safeguarding and prompting the welfare of young people and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
For more information and an application form contact: email@example.com Or www.eikon.org.uk
Closing date for applications: 19 July 2019