Sports Activity Leader
Starting Salary £15 pr hr plus mileage @20p per mile
We are looking for people who are passionate about the personal, educational, creative and social development of young people and helping them reach their full potential.
You will be part of a supportive environment, helping young people discover exciting new ideas and activities, laugh, learn, experiment, make mistakes and thrive all in a safe environment.
As a Sports Activity Leader you will be a friendly, cheerful, positive and self-driven, able to work independently and as part of a team. You will have excellent communication skills, with the ability to quickly establish positive relationships with colleagues, children and young people. Good organisational and administration skills are essential.
The youth clubs we support are located throughout the whole of Surrey, so you will need to be able to drive and have your own transport.
Sports Activity Leader key responsibilities:
· To deliver a programme of activities for the young people aged 11 to 19 yrs. within the project/assignment.
· To ensure the safety of children, young people and other adults participating in the activity programme.
· To assist in providing sickness and holiday cover in order to maintain the efficient running of the project.
· To develop trusting and friendly relationships with individual young people, other agencies and parents where appropriate.
· To advise the organisation of any concerns relating to young people participating in the programme.
· To complete all paperwork, including activity plans, budget, session plans, feedback, expenses, stock inventory, volunteer engagement and management.
Coaches to be level 1 qualified and are particularly interested in table tennis, football, pool and street dance as these are popular activities with the young people.
3-9 hours per week in session or bank work.
Evenings, weekend and school holiday availability required.
Please email a cv along with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org