Many young people with disabilities face considerable barriers gaining employment and sadly many who would love to work are unable to find suitable employment. We want to explore the different types of barriers that different groups face to employment and to initiate collaboration in Surrey between:
- HR managers of major corporates
- Charities aiming to get young people with disabilities into work
- Other statutory agencies and experts involved in this subject
- People with resources that can help
Groups that we would like to help include those with learning disabilities, mental health problems and physical disabilities. Our intention is to organise an event to explore this topic in a few months time to agree useful routes forward. In the meantime, please start the conversation rolling on Communilab....
Your contribution might include:
- Offer to get involved, if you are one of the groups above.
- Posting information or opinions.
- Signposting us to experts.
- Offering money to pay staff to do this work.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please contact email@example.com