Introducing the Safeguarding Network
We are reaching out to all charities, voluntary organisations, businesses or other organisations who deliver services to young people in Surrey.
Working with and funded by Surrey County Council, we are setting up the Surrey Youth Focus Safeguarding Network to help the Safeguarding Leads/Welfare Officers of organisations who offer activities or services to young people to safeguard young people.
If you think there is someone in your organisation (e.g. a Designated Safeguarding Officer or Welfare Officer) who would like to receive this communication please let us know. email@example.com
PLEASE HELP US BY ANSWERING THIS SURVEY. As a first step towards the creation of the network, we have created a questionnaire: it’s both a checklist for you to help you think about your Safeguarding practices and a survey to help feed back information to us to understand your needs. The questionnaire is anonymous. Please do help us to help you by filling it in! You can do the survey by clicking on this link. https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/SLB257R
The aims of the network include:
- Help you to evaluate and improve your safeguarding practice.
- Disseminate relevant information, advice, updates, events, etc from a variety of sources including public agencies and charities, with a focus on issues and events Surrey.
- Help you to figure out whether you are tapped into all of the resources that you could be.
- Inform Surrey Youth focus and thereby public agencies including the Surrey Safeguarding Children Board of what else is needed to help organisations like yourself to safeguard young people in Surrey.
- Give you a route to escalate any systemic problems that you experience about the safeguarding system in Surrey.
- Provide data relating to safeguarding training (e.g. numbers of staff and volunteers trained) to enable the SSCB to monitor quality assurance, as per statutory requirements.
- Keep you informed of opportunities to get involved in safeguarding programmes run by Surrey public agencies (e.g. Child Sexual Exploitation, self-harm, etc).
(By “young people” we mean age 11-18 or 11-25 for young people with Special Educational Needs and Care leavers. By “Surrey” we mean the Surrey County Council area – this does not include the London Boroughs of Croydon or Kingston or other areas which for historical reasons still have the word “Surrey” in their postal address.)
This network is NOT for escalating concerns about the safeguarding and welfare of a specific young person. If you have direct concerns about a young person please call Surrey’s Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) on 0300 470 9100.
If you have concerns about the behaviour of an adult working with young people please call the Local Area Designated Office (LADO) on 0300 123 1650 (option 3).