Surrey Youth Recognition Awards 2014
The NEW Surrey Youth Recognition Awards’ provide the opportunity to reward young people, leaders, volunteers, groups, organisations and businesses for their exceptional achievements throughout 2014 and celebrate all that is good about being a young person in Surrey.
Recognition Award Categories 2014
- Young Achievers Award: Marking the achievement of young people who have overcome adversity or made a real difference to others (open to young people under 25 yrs)
- Leader/Volunteer Award: Celebrating the achievements of leaders whose ideas and practices have made a real difference to young people (open to young leaders as well as adults)
- Inspiring Project Award: For projects that push the boundaries and made a real difference to young people
- Business Award: For businesses who have made a positive impact on young people in Surrey above and beyond their core business.
Guidelines to nominators
In the nomination form you must provide a brief summary about the achievements of your nominated person, group or business. This should be no more than 250 words.
Nominations should be made by midnight on Tuesday 23rd September 2014.
If available/ appropriate please email digital photographs of the nominee to email@example.com. Files should be no more than 5mb in size.
All nominations will receive:
- a dated certificate
- invitation to the celebration event
- case studies will be used on SYF website and newsletter etc
- in some cases an additional prize maybe awarded by the sponsor
Key features of the Awards
- Nominees must attend a project within a member organisation of Surrey Youth Focus
- All achievements must have taken place between 1 September 2013 and 31 August 2014
- There will be no ‘winners’ as such, all nominations will be read out and awarded a certificate at the Celebration of Youth & Volunteering event on Saturday 18th October 2014
- The awards should be seen as real opportunity to recognise and celebrate achievement
- The awards will promote the work of member organisations to a distinguished audience including funders.